The Kenyan Alliance Insurance Company Ltd can trace its “roots” back to the early beginnings of the 20th century when its predecessors, Sun Insurance Office and Alliance Assurance Company based in the UK, established an agency representation in Kenya in 1915. Later, as the business grew, the company opened branches and ceased to operate through agency representation.
In the early sixties the two operations merged worldwide and started to trade in Kenya as “Sun Alliance” still through branch representation. The branch was situated in Sirona House Koinange Street.
In 1979, The Kenyan Alliance Insurance Company was incorporated with the sole purpose of taking over Sun Alliance group operations. This it did from January 1980 and continued to operate from Sirona House, Koinange Street until February 1984 when we relocated to 1st Floor, Chester House, Koinange Street where the company has been operating to date. The company is a member of the Association of Kenya Insurers.
The Kenyan Alliance Insurance has evolved into one of the most financially sound composite insurance companies in Kenya with assets in excess of Ksh.2 billion and a paid up capital Ksh. 450 million. As a composite insurance company, the organization deals in both General Insurance and Life Assurance business.
The Kenyan Alliance Insurance Company has expanded and has regional representation in Mombasa, Nakuru, Karatina, Meru, Thika and Machakos.